The Volunteer Park Conservatory Palm House Gift Shop is seeking volunteers to fill several shifts throughout the week.
Gift Shop volunteers play a critical role, helping support the FOC and the Conservatory, and serving as ambassadors to the thousands of guest visiting from around the world.
The Shop is open everyday 10 am – 4 pm except Mondays. We are open all holidays which do not fall on Mondays. Two 3-hour shifts are available each day; 10 am – 1 pm and 1 pm – 4 pm.
The Conservatory is a great place to volunteer any time of the year. As the days get cloudy and grey, the Conservatory offers a beautiful and warm tropical oasis. During the summer months the intoxicating fragrances waft throughout Volunteer Park and draw visitors within!
We are looking for friendly volunteers who like to talk with people!
- Selling gift shop merchandise, memberships and annual passes using a point of sale system
- Welcoming, engaging, and fielding questions and comments from visitors
- Helping guests with Conservatory Resource Center reference materials and sample
- Basic care of plants in the gift shop (watering, dead heading, restocking, etc.)
- Reading communications from the Gift Shop Director
- Must be able to work a minimum of two 3-hour shifts per month, with a minimum 6-month commitment
- Must be 18-years or older
- Previous cash handling experience preferred
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must provide references
- A current email and phone number.
- Previous work with non-profits helpful
- Knowledge of plant care, gardening or botany helpful but not required
To get started
Please provide your name and e-mail address, along with your availability and desired timeslot(s)