WEDDINGS AND CEREMONIES
PLEASE NOTE: The Friends of the Conservatory staff is not authorized to make arrangements for ceremonies in the Conservatory, it is handled by the Seattle Parks Department. We provide this information here for your convenience.
The Conservatory is a lovely romantic and intimate location for a private ceremony consisting of 12 or fewer total people (up to 25 or fewer if vows are done in the Seasonal House).
Because of the limitations of the Conservatory, ceremonies are required to follow the guidelines listed below.
- Your ceremony will need to be held after operating hours: 4:15 p.m. or later, Tuesday through Sunday.
- Ceremonies and other private events are not permitted during public hours, 10am – 4pm. The Conservatory is closed on Mondays.
- No ceremonies willbe scheduled between mid-November through mid-January.
How to schedule your ceremony:
- Please call the Parks Scheduling Office at 206-684-4081 to arrange your permit, fees and event monitoring. Your chosen date is not confirmed until your permit has been issued by the Scheduling Office.
- After securing your permit you may call the Conservatory office at 206-684-4743 to schedule a meeting or phone visit with garden staff to discuss specific needs for your chosen location.
Conservatory Guidelines that will make your Ceremony a Success:
- A maximum 12 people including guests are allowed for ceremonies in the Bromeliad House. Up to 25 people including guests are allowed for ceremonies in the Seasonal House.
- Confetti, bird seed, rice, flower petals or the like are not allowed.
- Flowers: Only hand held bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres are allowed.No floral arrangements of any kind are permitted.
- No food or drink of any kind is permitted in the Conservatory.
- No moving of benches or planters without prior approval by Garden Staff. You must call 206-684-4743 at least one week in advance to discuss any movement of furniture.
- No candles or open flames.
- Music: Soft to moderate live or amplified music is allowed.
- Flowers: Only hand held bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres are allowed. No floral arrangements of any kind are permitted.
- Your guests will be allowed to visit the Conservatory for the duration of your permit. This is included in your site fee.
- Although Conservatory hours are posted and it will be closed to the public, the door must remain open to allow you and your guests in. We suggest that you post a person at the door to discourage the public from attending.
- You have permission to take photos for the duration of your permit. This is included in your site fee.
- Stepping into planted exhibits and handling of plants or flowers are not allowed.
AMENITIES & FACILITIES
- Chairs are available; please request at least one week in advance.
- Please keep in mind that we want you to have a wonderful celebration, and if you are unable to honor any of the requests above, we will work hard to help you choose an alternative site.
- If the site is damaged we will assess the damage at current City of Seattle rates and bill the last party scheduled.